1. I was starting a new job in a new country … my home country, yes, but it had not been my home in four years…
2. I confessed I was five months pregnant… my new employer was so supportive, but to my great relief
3. I was adjusting to living in my childhood home, now as a mother… and my own mother (who does not live with us), had trouble with the concept of my autonomy… I was living out “King Lear”
4. I did not have health insurance… Never has the truth of the American Healthcare situation been so poignant as when it was compared to a country (Japan) that has such a great national healthcare system (oh no! I never talk about politics! sorry…)
5. I stopped writing… I no longer had the time or energy to poor my soul into my writing… a sad loss… hopefully one day I can get back into the swing of things… but small steps… I’ll try to check back here more often!
Thank you to all who have found me again!